PROJECTS UNDER ONE ACRE
In many Bucks County townships, projects with more than 1,000 square feet, but less than 1 acre of earth disturbance are required to submit a plan for Erosion & Sedimentation Control (E&S Plan) to the BCCD for review and approval before starting work. Please take a moment to download our application form with instructions, and to use any of the other resource links provided below to help you complete your application & plan. Remember to always keep a copy of your submitted E&S plan for yourself and to keep a copy on site while you are working.
* Please Note: Swimming pool projects under 2,000 square feet are exempt from BCCD E&S Review.
* Your Municipality may require items such as grading or building permits prior to the start of any work. Please check with your municipality before begining any new construction project.
Items needed for an Erosion & Sedimentation Control Plan submittal to BCCD:
- Erosion & Sedimentation Control Plan 2019 Application Form
- BCCD Standard Notes are the basic "dos and don'ts" of construction activities that BCCD requires applicants to adhere to. A copy of the Standard Notes should be included in any project submission to the BCCD.
- In Pennsylvania, homeowners and contractors are required to contact PA 1 Call at least three business days before beginning any digging or excavation project. In 2006, the PUC ordered all local telecommunications carriers to fully implement 8-1-1 as the abbreviated dialing code to access PA 1 Call. For more information see www.pa1call.org
- Web Soil Survey Tool , Bucks County Hydric Soils List
- eMap Tool , Chapter 93 Stream Designations for Bucks County streams
- Low Hazard Plan Instructions provides guidance for homeowners to develop acceptable Erosion and Sedimentation Control plans for small projects. The BCCD has also provided a simple plan sheet for you to work from. The BCCD reserves the right to determine whether or not the use of this guide is acceptable for any given project.
- BCCD staff has created a sample detail sheet to use for E&S plans. Please, cut, paste & edit to match your proposed design.
- If you would like further assistance from the Conservation District, we recommend contacting our office and speaking with the Technician responsible for your municipality.